Drug Class: oral contraceptives
Medical Uses: Birth Control
Read more about Lomedia 24 Fe
BIN: 005947 GRP: 5395DGT PCN: CLAIMCR
Member Number: BBT205070
About this Lomedia 24 Fe Coupon
How do I use this Lomedia 24 Fe Coupon?
- Print this drug coupon and bring it to your pharmacy.
- Give the pharmacist the coupon. She or he will know how to apply the drug discount.
- Save up to 75% off your Birth Control prescription!
Where can I use this Lomedia 24 Fe Coupon?
You can use this discount at pharmacies across the nation. It may get you different discounts depending on which pharmacy you go to. We recommend calling ahead of time to different pharmacies near you for the most savings.
Who can use this Lomedia 24 Fe Coupon?
Anyone can use this discount card with their prescription. Simply present it to your pharmacy when you are filling your prescription.
What if I have/don’t have insurance?
You can use this card if you don’t have insurance or if you have insurance. Please check with the pharmacy for each prescription as our drug coupon may save you MORE money than your current prescription insurance. You may be able to use our drug coupon to pay less than what you would with your insurance copay. This drug coupon is not insurance. This drug coupon does not expire and gives you access to discounts that would normally be reserved for special medical groups.
Lomedia 24 Fe Medical Information
What is Lomedia 24 Fe?
Lomedia 24 Fe is a combination hormone drug that is used to prevent pregnancy. It contains two female sex hormones; norethindrone (a progestin) and Ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen). It is recommended for women who choose oral contraceptives as a way of preventing pregnancy. While this birth control pill has an efficacy of up 98%, your chances of not getting pregnant depend on how well you follow the directions of use.
Lomedia 24 Fe comes as a table and a chewable tablet.
Apart from preventing pregnancy, birth control pills are known to help regulate the menstrual cycle, reduce the amount of pain and blood loss as well as lessen the likelihood of developing ovarian cysts. Lomedia 24 Fe can also be used to treat acne.
It is important to note that birth control is not the same as abortion. Thus, Lomedia 24 Fe will not work when used for other purposes other than preventing pregnancy such as abortion.
Lomedia 24 Fe Medical Uses
Lomedia 24 Fe works by interfering with the processes that lead to pregnancy. It primarily operates in three ways as outlined below:
- It may block the release of an egg (ovulation) when a woman is experiencing her periods.
- It may increase the thickness of the cervical fluid, thereby making it hard for the sperm cells to swim toward an egg. This prevents fertilization from taking place.
- It may alter the lining of the uterus to block the implantation of a fertilized egg. If a fertilized egg does not attach itself to the uterus, it is passed out of the body when the woman is having her periods.
Lomedia 24 Fe also contains traces of iron (ferrous fumarate) in each of the inactive seven tablets. These inactive tablets do not contain any hormone. They are meant to help the user maintain a habit of taking one tablet on a daily basis. The pills, therefore, do not contain enough iron to treat an iron deficiency.
To make Lomedia 24 Fe reliable, it is important to understand how to use it. This birth control pill is available in blister packs. Each pack has 28 tablets with different colors have to be taken as per the order on the blister pack.
When you start using Lomedia 24 Fe, your body will need at least 7 days to adjust before protection against pregnancy can start. Use an alternative form of contraception such as diaphragm or spermicide for the last 7 days.
Lomedia 24 Fe is used to:
- Prevent pregnancy
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Reduce the risk of ovarian cysts
- Treat acne
Lomedia 24 Fe Dosage
Lomedia 24 Fe dose will vary from one patient to the other. Follow your dose and the direction of use as indicated on the drug’s label. The medication’s strength determines the amount of medicine to take. The number of doses and the period between doses is determined by the condition you’re treating.
The doctor may advise that you start your Lomedia 24 Fe dose on the first day of your cycle (also known as Day 1 Start) or on the first Sunday after your period begins. If you start taking this birth control pill on a particular day, be sure to stick to that schedule, even when you miss a dose.
Avoid changing the doctor-recommended schedule on your own. Tell your doctor if you want to alter the dose as per your schedule. Below is a typical Lomedia 24 Fe dosage.
- Take one tablet around the same time each day for 21 consecutive days. This is followed by one tablet daily for 7 days per your periods
Inform your doctor if you miss your menstrual cycle for two consecutive months while taking Lomedia 24 Fe because it could be an indication of pregnancy. Note that you may not have your period during the first month of using this birth control pill if you skip your dose or change schedule.
Lomedia 24 Fe Side Effects
The hormones in Lomedia 24 Fe may cause side effects as is the case with any other birth control pills. These side effects are moderate and will disappear after the body gets used to the effects of the drug. However, medical care should be sought if the following side effects do not go away.
- stomach cramps or bloating
- increased or decreased appetite
- weight gain or weight loss
- brown or black skin patches
- hair growth in unusual places
- changes in menstrual flow
- painful or missed periods
- white vaginal discharge
- severe headache
- severe vomiting
- speech problems
- dizziness or faintness
- weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
- crushing chest pain or chest heaviness
- coughing up blood
- shortness of breath
- leg pain
- partial or complete loss of vision
- double vision
- bulging eyes
- severe stomach pain
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- loss of appetite
- extreme tiredness, weakness, or lack of energy
- dark-colored urine
- light-colored stool
- dizziness or fainting spells
- changes in vaginal bleeding when you have your periods or between your periods
- sudden loss of coordination, especially on one side of the body
- speech problems
- weakness or insensitivity in the arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
- mood changes, anxiety, sadness, frustration, hostility, or emotional outbursts
- increased sensitivity to sun or ultraviolet light
- swelling of the hands or lower legs
- unusual bleeding
- menstrual bleeding that continues for more than 7 days in a row
Lomedia 24 Fe may cause other side effects. Consult your doctor.
Lomedia 24 Fe Interactions
Using Lomedia 24 Fe with other medications can cause interactions. To ensure that this does not happen, tell your doctor about all medicines, mineral supplements and vitamins you are using before taking this birth control pill. If any of the following medications is prescribed together with Lomedia 24 Fe, your doctor may adjust the dose and how frequently you use one or both drugs.
This pill may interact with other drugs not listed below. Consult your doctor for more information.
- AlprazolamBayer Migraine Formula
- Bayer Select Max Strength Night Time Pain
- Bayer Select Sinus Pain Formula
- Be-Flex Plus
- Beechams All-in-One
- Paclitaxel Protein-Bound
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
- Mycophenolic Acid
- Balacet (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Basics Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- Back Quell (acetaminophen / magnesium salicylate)
- Backaid Max (acetaminophen / pamabrom)
- St John’s Wort
Lomedia 24 Fe may interact with other medical conditions not listed above. Be sure to consult your doctor for more information.
If you need help paying for your prescription, get an Lomedia 24 Fe Coupon by clicking the button below.