Drug Class: Oral Contraceptives
Medical Uses: Birth Control
Read more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo
BIN: 005947 GRP: 5395DGT PCN: CLAIMCR
Member Number: BBT205070
About this Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Coupon
How do I use this Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Coupon?
- Print this drug coupon and bring it to your pharmacy.
- Give the pharmacist the coupon. She or he will know how to apply the drug discount.
- Save up to 75% off your Birth Control prescription!
Where can I use this Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Coupon?
You can use this discount at pharmacies across the nation. It may get you different discounts depending on which pharmacy you go to. We recommend calling ahead of time to different pharmacies near you for the most savings.
Who can use this Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Coupon?
Anyone can use this discount card with their prescription. Simply present it to your pharmacy when you are filling your prescription.
What if I have/don’t have insurance?
You can use this card if you don’t have insurance or if you have insurance. Please check with the pharmacy for each prescription as our drug coupon may save you MORE money than your current prescription insurance. You may be able to use our drug coupon to pay less than what you would with your insurance copay. This drug coupon is not insurance. This drug coupon does not expire and gives you access to discounts that would normally be reserved for special medical groups.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Medical Information
What is Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo?
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo is a low-dose hormone birth control pill taken on a daily basis to prevent pregnancy. The pill contains two female sex hormones: ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo works by stopping ovulation or release of an egg during the menstrual cycle. It also condenses the cervical mucus to prevent sperm cells from swimming to an egg. By making the cervical fluid thicker, the pill helps prevent fertilization.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo also stops a fertilized egg from attaching itself to the walls of the uterus by changing the endometrial lining. When a fertilized egg cannot attach itself to the womb, it passes out of the body through the menstrual flow.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo can also regulate the menstrual cycle to make it more predictable. The pill may also reduce the intensity of pain and blood loss during periods as well as the risk of future ovarian cysts.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Medical Uses
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo is a triphasic birth control pill, meaning that it releases three varying levels hormones for a three week period. The pill is available in white, light blue and dark blue pills as well as a green pill that does not contain hormones. It increases the level of progestin during the first three weeks of use.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo is significantly effective as a birth control pill when taken every day. Try not to miss the pills to avoid the risk of getting pregnant. Before you start taking the pill, choose a time of day that is easy for you to remember.
Vomiting or diarrhea may prevent Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo from working well. If you vomit or have diarrhea after taking the medicine, you may have to use an alternative birth control method such as spermicide or condom. You may feel nauseated after taking the pill. To avoid this happening, take the pill with food or a few minutes before bedtime.
While Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo comes with Patient Information Guide, be sure to ask your doctor how to start and use the pill. Get your refill every month to make sure that you have a ready pack before your start date. It is recommended that you always have an additional full pack of the medicine ready at all times.
If you have been using other birth control methods, be sure to seek your doctor’s guidance on how to switch safely to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo without getting pregnant or increasing the risk of side effects.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Dosage
Use Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo as directed by your doctor or as per the Patient Information Guide. It is typically recommended that you take one pill on a daily basis. You may have two choices as outlined below.
- Start Sunday – Take the first active Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo pill on the first Sunday after your menstrual cycle starts, even if you are still experiencing your period. If your menstrual cycle begins on a Sunday, start using your pill on the same day. With a Sunday Start, you will have to use a backup pregnancy prevention method such as a condom or spermicide if you have sexual intercourse for the first seven days to protect against pregnancy.
- Day 1 Start – Take the first active Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo pill within the first 24 hours after starting your period. If you select Day 1, you will not be required to use a backup birth prevention method because you are starting to use the pill at the onset of your menstrual cycle.
Do not change your start date without consulting your doctor. If you forget to take one or more Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo pills, read the ‘What if I Miss a Pill’ section for instructions on what to do and whether you will be required to use a backup form of pregnancy control.
Remember that the pill does not protect against STDs or STIs.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Side Effects
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo may cause mild to moderate side effects. The intensity of these side effects may reduce as your body gets used to the effects of the drug. If your side effects do not go away or become persistent, contact your doctor immediately. Watch out for the following side effects.
- breast tissue changes or discharge
- chest pain
- coughing up blood
- dizziness or fainting spells
- stomach pain (severe)
- sudden shortness of breath
- sudden loss of coordination, particularly on one side of the body
- speech problems
- headaches or migraines
- leg, arm or groin pain
- severe or sudden headaches
- changes in vaginal bleeding during your period or between your periods
- breakthrough bleeding and spotting that continues beyond the three initial cycles of pills
- breast tenderness
- weakness or numbness in the arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
- symptoms of vaginal infection like itching, inflammation or abnormal discharge
- tenderness in the upper abdomen
- skin rash, acne, or brown spots on the skin
- weight gain (slight)
- mood changes, anxiety, sadness, frustration, anger, or emotional outbursts
- increased sensitivity to sun or ultraviolet light
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo may cause other side effects not listed above. Talk your doctor about the possible side effects before taking the medicine. Stop taking the pill and contact your doctor if you notice unusual side effects.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Interactions
Taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo with certain medicines may cause interactions. Such interactions can further lead to severe side effects. To prevent this from happening, write a list of all medications and herbal remedies as well as mineral supplements that you are taking and share it with your doctor. That way, it will be easier to monitor possible interactions.
Below are drugs and substances that may interact with Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.
- Abilify (aripiprazole)
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Allegra (fexofenadine)
- Celexa (citalopram)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Prozac (fluoxetine)
- Singulair (montelukast)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
- V-Cillin K (penicillin v potassium)
- Valproate Sodium (valproic acid)
- valproic acid
- Vanatol LQ (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine)
- Vancocin (vancomycin)
- Vancocin HCl (vancomycin)
- Vancocin HCl Pulvules (vancomycin)
- Vantin (cefpodoxime)
- Vaprisol (conivaptan)
- Veetids (penicillin v potassium)
- Velosef (cephradine)
- Velosulin BR (insulin regular)
- Veripred 20 (prednisolone)
- Versacloz (clozapine)
- Vfend (voriconazole)
- Vibra-Tabs (doxycycline)
- Vibramycin (doxycycline)
- Victoza (liraglutide)
- Viracept (nelfinavir)
- Viramune (nevirapine)
- Viramune XR (nevirapine)
- Vitekta (elvitegravir)
- Welchol (colesevelam)
- Westhroid (thyroid desiccated)
- Wyamycin S (erythromycin)
- Wycillin (procaine penicillin)
- Wymox (amoxicillin)
- Xigduo XR (dapagliflozin / metformin)
- Ximino (minocycline)
- Xtandi (enzalutamide)
- Z-Pak (azithromycin)
- Zagam (sparfloxacin)
- Zagam Respipac (sparfloxacin)
- Zaponex (clozapine)
- Zartan (cephalexin)
- Zebutal (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine)
- Zefazone (cefmetazole)
- Zelapar (selegiline)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib)
- Medical Condition that interact with Note Ortho Tri-Cyclen
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- Carcinomas (Estrogenic)
- Hypercalcemia In Breast Cancer
- Hepatic Neoplasms
- Liver Disease
- Gallbladder Disease
- Liver Disease
- Fluid Retention
- Glucose Intolerance
- Thyroid Function Tests
- Weight Gain
Note that this pill may interact with other medications and substances not listed above.
If you need help paying for your prescription, get an Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Coupon by clicking the button below.